InSight Crime is looking for a full-time strategic communications manager. This person needs to be able to work in a fast-paced world of daily news, high-profile investigations, national and international conferences, and continuous media requests, so as to maximize the profile, impact and branding of InSight Crime in both Spanish and English.
This individual will need to fully understand the social media landscape, the vagaries of SEO, hosting and promoting conferences, and how to reach not only our niche, expert audience, but also the general public, which is hungry for organized crime stories. The person should also understand the world of prizes for journalism, digital media and NGOs, to best position us to showcase our work and be recognized for it.
A successful candidate will need to have proven ability and experience in this field, the confidence and leadership to work with InSight Crime directors, project managers, writers and investigators stationed all around the world.
Please send a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
- Experience rolling out complete social media and communication strategy across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, achieving overarching long-term priorities and specific short-term goals.
- Experience in advising senior staff about social media campaigns and branding on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience with a media outlet and keen interest in regional affairs strongly preferred.
- At least five years of experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish and be native in one of them.
- The ability to work remotely.
- Graduate, post-graduate qualifications or equivalent in work experience.
- Experience supervising teams.
- Good writer
- Knowledge of SEO
- Develop a consultation strategy with senior staff to maximize InSight Crime’s impact and the reach for all projects and, as an organization, via websites, social media, emails, conferences, closed-door meetings, events and campaigns;
- Manage relevant aspects of monthly impact meeting and newsletter, including quality and quantity of engagements and monthly improvements/adjustments to social media, SEO and outreach strategy.
- Establish strong working relationships with InSight Crime media and academic partners to ensure pick-up and coverage of projects and investigations.
- Manage weekly emails, including lists of recipients, platform for delivery, layout, etc., in conjunction with the website’s Spanish and English editors;
- Seek high-profile interview and speaking opportunities for co-directors linked to InSight Crime’s projects and editorial coverage.
- Accompany senior staff to public speaking events and conferences to ensure photographic content and/or live-tweeting.
- Seek out and coordinate applications for different prizes.
- Help to guide and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with InSight Crime editorial priorities.
- Set detailed, achievable growth targets for all platforms and for the InSight Crime Newsletter.
- Identify and engage with key figures within relevant Latin American institutions, media and governments (journalists, researchers, officials) to attract the attention of InSight Crime’s core audience.
- Collaborate closely with editors, researchers and designers to write and design press kits for InSight Crime projects and investigations.
- Coordinate and design dissemination plans for projects including events.