InSight Crime’s internship program offers the opportunity to work for the leading source of news and analysis on organized crime in Latin America and the Caribbean. Interns will bolster their editorial, research, and writing skills, as well as their knowledge of important regional security issues while gaining valuable part-time professional experience in a diverse and inclusive organization.
InSight Crime invites qualified candidates to apply for our editorial internship program, which has three cycles that correspond to the US academic calendar: spring (January to May), summer (May to August), and fall (September to December).
InSight Crime’s editorial internship program is designed for candidates interested in assisting with the production of daily news content for our website.
• Fact-checking, copy-editing, and writing articles and social media content.
• Assisting with desktop research and reporting.
• Updating profiles of countries, criminal groups, and major personalities in organized crime.
• Assisting with multimedia production.
• Previous work experience and higher education in journalism, communications, or a related field.
• Strong research and writing skills.
• Native English speaker; highly competent in written and spoken Spanish.
• Available at least 20 hours a week, primarily in the morning hours (7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., approximately, Colombian time), and able to commit to the time period from early January through May for the spring term, May to August for the summer term, and September to December for the fall term.
• Some competency in Portuguese.
• Graphic design and/or multimedia skills such as photo, video, and audio editing.
• Data analysis experience
How To Apply:
Applications are open for three cycles that correspond to the US academic calendar: spring (January to May), summer (May to August), and fall (September to December). Applications must be submitted by December 1 for the spring term, by April 1 for the summer term, and by August 1 for the fall term.
Please send all application materials with subject heading “InSight Crime Editorial Internship” to firstname.lastname@example.org, including: a CV, cover letter, and two short English language writing samples, preferably on a topic related to organized crime and/or Latin America. The internship can be completed remotely. It is unpaid, but we occasionally receive donations that allow us to offer modest stipends.